In secondary school, this trade crossed my mind but I abandoned the idea. Then as fate would have it, I found myself heading up a restaurant with my family straight out of secondary school. After working long hours and operating an establishment for 7 years, I had developed a very strong work ethic. However, I felt something was missing. I was a kind of self-taught restaurateur and was at the point in my life where I was looking for greater opportunities to attain more professional kitchen knowledge. This became a key goal of mine and soon I was enrolled at the renowned Stratford Chefs School. After graduating the grueling two year course, I refined my cooking style at such establishments as, “Albion Hotel” (Bayfield). “The Church Restaurant” (Stratford, ON), “The London Hunt & Country Club” (London, ON). Sous Chef the Little Inn of Bayfield (Bayfield).
Bon Vivant was conceived in the spring of 2008 to fill the growing niche of persons wishing to have a chef prepare gourmet for food their own events. Bon Vivant is owned and operated by Chef Devin Tabor and is based in the Clinton area. We specialize in personalized cuisine tailored to suit our varied clients’ needs and desires.
Experienced in large events, they are our specialty at Bon Vivant.
Chef Devin is:
- A member of the Huron Chef League
- National Food Safety Training Program Certified Trainer
- Instructor (part time) for Fanshawe College, Georgian College and other educational partners within the surrounding area.
- We cater large events, with personalized menus and local seasonal foods.
- Culinary demonstrations on-stage or for your event.
If you have any questions regarding our services, please contact us.